Calling all MEPs: The wellbeing of mothers is essential for the wellbeing of Europe.
On 24 February, MEP Filiz Hyusmenova tabled a Declaration on universal access to maternal healthcare, with a particular focus on Europe where of the 5 million women who give birth every year, 1 in 10 do not have access to care in the first months of their pregnancy.
In an effort to encourage others to sign the Declaration, the following MEPs have chosen to share their thoughts and feelings on why maternal health needs to be prioritized in Europe.
• MEP Marc Tarabella (S&D, BE)
• MEP Elisabeth Morin-Chartier (EPP, FR)
• MEP Mariya Gabriel (EPP, BG)
• MEP Gabriele Zimmer (GUE, DE)
• MEP Nathalie Griesback (ALDE, FR)
• MEP Jean Lambert (Greens, UK)
• MEP Jana Zitnanska (ECR, SK)
Every signature matters, and could make the difference for a better future for mothers in Europe. Sign before 24/05/2016 to support the Declaration.